Sinus - Sinus Infection
You feel like you may have a sinus infection, the right type of doctor that can answer your problem is an Otolaryngontolist or Ear, Nose, and Throat specialist. These doctors are well trained in the diagnosis and treatment of sinus infections.
- Antibiotics In select cases, a doctor may decide on an intravenous (IV) antibiotic therapy.
- For this treatment, antibiotics enter directly into the bloodstream through an injection.
- This type of therapy generally lasts 4-6 weeks.
- This is a more complex treatment compared to the first two given above.
- Injection from the bloodstreams allows a faster effect of the medicine given.
- Undergoing in a different sinus treatment is not the last thing for you to do.
- It is important to visit your doctor oftentimes and take the prescribed medicines for the maintenance of your treatment.
- The four treatments are as follows: Oral Antibiotics, Nebulized Antibiotics, IV Antibiotics and Sinus Surgery.
- Oral Antibiotics Oral antibiotics are one of the most prescribed treatments for chronic sinusitis patients.
- For this treatment, doctors prescribe a number of antibiotics that a patient takes on a daily basis for usually 2-3 weeks.
- Usually, this is given to a patient suffering a minor infection.
Sinus surgery is generally a last resort for doctors encountering a patient with a severe infection. Definitely, the purpose of the surgery is to relieve the chronic sinusitis condition. Most surgeries are endoscopic surgeries, a new way of operating without making incisions on your face. The surgery is generally accomplished in 1-3 hours. It can take several weeks for a full recovery. The information available on Sinus Treatment is infinite. There just seems to be so much to learn about, and to write about on Sinus Treatment.
Nebulized antibiotics are a way of treating infections topically. A new treatment called Sinuses
aerosolizes the antibiotics so that you breathe the antibiotics in through your nose, getting directly to the source of the problem. This type of treatment usually lasts 2-3 weeks. This is commonly aid with nebulizer device. The completion of this article on Sinus was our prerogative since the past one month. However, we completed it within a matter of fifteen days!
- Dealing with the infection doctor considers the following stages of treatment depending upon the severity of the problem.
- Diagnosis tells which among the four stages of treatment will be given to the sufferer.